Saturday, August 2, 2008

Self-Employment

My third book (Be Your Own Boss Vol. 1) is on the subject of self-employment. It gives 18 reasons why I think students, school leavers, the unemployed and even those who have jobs now, need to think about working for themselves rather than selling their time and skills to others for a fortnightly salary. Volume 2, which covers 15 more reasons, will follow shortly.

I wrote the book because I am convinced that the answer to the problem of unemployment in Papua New Guinea is not employment but self-employment. I am also convinced that the opportunities for self-employment are just too many in this country. Only lazy people hang around and feed on others with the excuse that they cannot find a job. Those who are willing to work can live comfortably in this country, which is refered to as the Land Of The Unexpected, but I choose to call the Land of Untold Opportunities.

I believe that anything you touch in PNG, including our land, can turn into gold. I am convinced that anybody can become rich in PNG, regardless of educational background. In other words, you don't need a university degree to succeed in PNG. If you can count 1,2,3 and read A, B, C, that is more than enough for you to succeed. I say this because I have met many successful people who have not been to school for one day in their lives. Some cannot even sign their signatures to withdraw money from their acounts, yet they have thousands sitting in those accounts. So, Be Your Own Boss is my encouragement to Papua New Guineans.

BYOB will be followed by another exciting book to be titled "Becoming Your Own Boss: 7 Steps To Starting A Business From Scratch". This book provide a step-by-step guide to those who feel inspired by BYOB but have the question "How do I become my own boss?" in their minds. The crux of the book is how to start a business with no money.

I hope that these books will inspire more Papua New Guineans to become self-employed, and in the process become job-creators rather than job-seekers. Job-creators become part of the solution to the high level of unemployment in the country, while job-seekers contribute to the problem.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...


Are you in need of a loan? Do you want to pay off your bills? Do you want to be financially stable? All you have to do is to contact us for more information on how to get started and get the loan you desire. This offer is open to all that will be able to repay back in due time. Note-that repayment time frame is negotiable and at interest rate of 3% just email us creditloan11@gmail.com

Dr Purva Pius said...

Am so happy and thankful to God for what he has done in my life,i am Mrs.Juliet Daniel from U.S.A after four years of seeking for loan online the internet Scammers has succeeded in taking from me the sum of $13,000.00 without given me my loan, I lost every thing i have because of scam and ever since i was scared to make contact online concerning loan. One day, as i was browsing , i saw a comment by a woman Name Mrs Anna from Ukraine thanking the Dr Purva Pius Loan Company for lending a loan saying that if there is any one who also need loan are to contact the company and they will surly lend anybody loan so i took there email and i contacted them we had every agreement to pay back the loan and i submitted my bank account to them and they told i will receive my loan in 24 hours and to my greatest shock, exactly 24 hours, my bank send me an alert of confirmation that the Dr Purva Pius Loan Company has transfer my loan amount of $87,000.00 dollars to my account am so happy and i want to use this medium to advice every one who is in need of loan or You have been scam in the past worry no more contact the very right company who can lend out loan on(urgentloan22@gmail.com). and please beware of internet scams most of this Email of lenders you see online are all scams so contact the Dr Purva Pius Loan Company because they are capable of given you your loan thanks. contact Email (urgentloan22@gmail.com)