Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Mindset of the Poor

In my weekly talk on local radio I have been dealing with the mindset of the poor or the basic thoughts which makes people poor. In speaking on the subject, I have come to realise how important our thoughts are in determining our actions and ultimately our destinies. I have concluded that people are poor and struggle in life not because they are poor, but because they think they are poor.

Ralph Waldo Emerson has made a statement which I normally quote in my seminars. Here it is:

Sow a thought, reap an action
Sow and action, reap a habit
Sow a habit, reap a character
Sow a character, reap a destiny

This is a true statement. Even the Bible says, "As a man thinks, so is he." Another verse says, "Be careful how you think, because your life is shaped by your thoughts."

In the talk, I have come up with 4 statements on the difference between rich and poor people. These are:

1. Poor people with poor mindsets remain poor.
2. Rich people with poor mindsets become poor.
3. Rich people with poor mindsets become poor.
4. Rich people with rich mindsets remain rich.

Our thoughts have a lot of bearing on what kinds of lives we live. If we are thinking poor thoughts, we remain or become poor. So if you want to become rich, check what you are thinking. The answer to you progressing in life lies in your mind.

No comments: